Sandy

My Never Ending List

The wait is finally over!

Ignite Me - Tahereh Mafi

I waited patiently for this book, just like the many others who got hooked on Juliette and Omega Point. What would happen after the battle and who would remain was just a few of the questions I was eagerly awaiting answers for. This third book in the series was a bit slow for me in the beginning as Juliette tries to get a hold of her bearing.    ** Warning few spoilers ahead*** Awaking without her friends and in the company of Warner was traumatizing enough but to be inside her enemy’s base, Juliette’s mind is on overload.  With Warner’s addressing Juliette as Love, I felt Warner had more feelings towards her than Juliette was ready for.  Warner has so much to tell Juliette and all Juliette can think about are her friends and whether they are alive.  I love this about her, her caring personality and her ability to push forward when she can barely stand up herself.  It’s a fast read after that as the story took off and I barely had time to think about anything besides what would happen beyond the next page.  As I close the book, I’m wondering why there just can’t be one more book. I was disappointed that there just was not the intensity that I felt with Unravel Me, but I did enjoy the Tahereh’s style.  Her intense, short sentence with dramatic flair combined with strong characters made for a great story line.

"Words, I think, are such unpredictable creatures. No guns, no sword, no army or king will ever be more powerful than a sentence. Swords may cut and kill, but words will stab and stay, burying themselves in our bones to become corpses we carry into the future, all the time digging and failing to rip their skeletons from our flesh. "