Sandy

My Never Ending List

The Other People

The Other People: A Novel - C.J. Tudor
If only! Dang, as I drove the streets the Gabe, I kept thinking, if only…… It seemed that Gabe’s mind was finally concentrated on what should have been important many years ago but now, it seemed it was too late. If only he had done this or that, he might not be behind the wheel of the only thing that he feels he has left in this world, searching for an answer.

Alice grips the bag firmly as though it holds her life possessions. Never far from her side, Alice feels a deep connection to its contents. Fran is there for her, again. It’s Fran who helps Alice in her time of need yet I begin to question their story as something doesn’t feel right as the novel picks up speed.

It’s a job and it gives her money. Each shift that Katie works, is different. With the individuals who become frequent guests and those that are just passing through, they all make each day unique at the restaurant. Katie’s had her own share of problems over the year yet this frequent customer intrigues her. I wondered if Katie saw a part of herself in this man and that was why she became concerned with him.

As he visits the establishment, Katie begins to wonders about this man and what has caused him to carry such a burden on his shoulder? Day-in and day-out, Katie notices how heartbroken this man is yet, she doesn’t reach out to him. Leading their own lives, these individuals will merge eventually in this book. I liked how the three parts were laced together and how smoothly the book flowed. I kept thinking that I enjoyed one story over another one but I kept changing my mind on which story I enjoyed more. Each story was different and carried with it, different emotions.

I had a hard time putting this book down in different parts. You know it’s bad when you fall asleep and the iPad hits you in the face (I only wanted to finish the one section I was reading). There were a few parts that I raced to get through as events were building up.

These are the stories that get my adrenaline going. They put a smile on my face when I’m finished as I think about everything that transpired during the book and the ride that I took. It was a fun adventure and one that will stick in my mind for quite a while.

I received an ARC of this book from Random House Publishing Group – Ballantine and NetGalley in exchange for an honest review, thank you!