Sandy

My Never Ending List

I read almost every genre & I enjoy venturing into unfamiliar territory. As a library volunteer, I'm constantly bringing home novels. Being a substitute teacher, I read lots of YA & children's books.

Long weekend

My husband was invited to a Customer Appreciate long weekend in California this past weekend and I got to attend, also.  I have never been to California so this was a real treat for me.  The weather was beautiful and we packed as much activity as we could into the three days as we could.

We visited Muir Forest which was amazing and I was just waiting for little gnomes or dinosaurs to pop out.  The traffic was horrible but we did cross over The Golden Gate Bridge a few times which I didn't think was such a huge deal but at night the bridge was a beauty.  We ate at some terrific restaurants and pubs.  We went to Sonoma Wine Country and tasted quite a bit of wine during a wine tour.  We had a night dinner cruise under The Golden Gate Bridge where we saw the Space X Rocket Launch in the sky, but when we saw it tn the sky, we had no idea what it was.  We visited Chinatown, which i really enjoyed except for the grocery stores which I thought had a strange odor and we visited the Italian section in San Francisco.  We walked along Fisherman's Wharf where the Blue Angels were putting on an air show.  We really had an excellent time, drinking and eating more than our share.