Never Be Alone

Never Be Alone - Paige Dearth
I couldn’t get this novel out of my head! I woke up at 3 am just so I could finish it. I had to know what happened to Joon and her new street friends. After living with her loser of a foster mother, I was afraid what would become of Joon. She was just becoming familiar with living on the street and learning who she could trust out on her own. Life on the street was a new experience for her and each day provided new struggles and sometimes, she got to experience happiness.

Both of Joon’s parents died suddenly and she finds herself in foster care. Her foster mother is extremely mean to Joon, both verbally and physically. Aaron has two son’s and one of them follows in his mother’s footsteps as he also abuses Joon. The other son wants to help Joon but feels powerless in the situation. After many years of abuse, Joon finds an opportunity to escape and she heads to the street. Innocent and not street-smart, the street becomes an obstacle for her. It’s complicated and hard out on her own but she knows eventually it will be better than where she came from.

I enjoy reading stories of this nature. Heartfelt stories that push my emotions and show me inside a life that is so different than my own. The novel moved quickly, oh so quickly. Joon experiences are extensive before she becomes an adult, much more than anyone of us would experience in a lifetime. I really enjoyed reading this story and I highly recommend it.

I received a copy of this novel from NetGalley and Fiction With Meaning, LLC. in exchange for an honest review.