My Planned PJ Day that became not a PJ Day

I planned for today to be my first pajama day but sometimes things just don't go as you want.

My mother called me last night and told me that my father was running a fever.  She gave him aspirin and I told her to see if that worked and to call me if he got worse.  She called me this morning and said she needed me to take them to the emergency room.  She thought that his fever had broken but since they couldn't figure out how to work the fancy thermometer they had bought (the ones were you slide it across your forehead) she had no idea exactly what his temperature was or had been.  So, this morning, I spent the whole morning in the ER and the hospital with my parents.  I had to smile as the hospital staff kept asking if he had a temperature and my parents kept explaining about the thermometer they couldn't work.  They are keeping him overnight as his enzymes were high and he has I thad heart issues so they are just watching him for 24 hours.

I stopped off at Target on my home and bought them a new thermometer which I told my father I thought he could use.  It is like the old mercury ones, he could stick it under his tongue or under his arm pit.  It lights up green, yellow or red and gives the temperature in a digit read out.  My dad couldn't believe they had such a thing.  He asked me how much thing fantastic thing cost, I told him $10 dollars and he laughed! He thought it was going to be around a hundred.   The best technology is good but you have to know how to use it.

Going to plan for another pajama day.