Sandy

My Never Ending List

The Red Hunter

The Red Hunter: A Novel - Lisa Unger
Told in two different viewpoints, this is a story of a house and its history. Once upon a time, a family lived in the house and they were content. One day, a gang broke into the house and demanded to know the secrets the homeowners were hiding. They were not backing down until someone told them what they wanted to know. But the problem was, no one claimed to know the secrets that these individuals were looking for. The gang started to eliminate the accused, still no one could reveal what these individuals wanted and in the end, the two suspects were killed. Did they die not wanting anyone to know the secrets or did they truly not know the answer?

These secrets were important and the individuals who sought out this information believed that the house now held the answer. As a mother and her daughter move now into this house, they become a part of this mystery. The house still holds the key on the information that others want and these new residences don’t realize what they have walked into.

I have always liked Lisa Unger’s novel and this one is no exception. It was a suspenseful and action-packed read and I couldn’t wait until the end when things would finally come together. I highly recommend this book or one of Lisa Unger’s other terrific novels.