Who Would Win? Hammerhead vs. Bull Shark

By Jerry Pallotta - Hammerhead Vs. Bull Shark (Who Would Win?) (1905-07-18) [Perfect Paperback] - Jerry Pallotta
I have almost read all the Who Would Win? series books that our library has on their shelves. I am at awe at the information that is contained in them and the I really enjoy the comparing/contrasting that the author does with the two mammals that are highlighted in each of the books. The illustrations are fantastic, the text pops out you and colors are bright and colorful. I have been sharing my love of these non-fiction books with everyone I run into and hope to take a few of them with me next year when I sub teach in the classroom.

In this selection, we are comparing and contrasting the hammerhead shark with the bull shark. My youngest son was fascinated with sharks when he was growing up so I recalled that although the bull shark had a boring name but he was quite a beast. I preferred the hammerhead shark though. I thought this strange-looking shark looked fierce with its eyes so removed from its body and there was also his horizonal snout to consider. Inside this novel, I learned a great deal about these sharks. Did you know that because of their funny-shaped heads, the hammerhead sharks have more sensors than other sharks, allowing them to sense fish and even smell fish better than other sharks? Did you know that bull sharks prefer shallow water making them more dangerous than great whites and tiger sharks to humans? When these sharks confront one another in a fight, which comprises the last couple pages of the book, these excellent fighters use their strength and their teeth to win the battle.