He Said/She Said

He Said/She Said - Erin Kelly

It’s so creepy and so good! This novel is not about the act of rape so don’t worry about having to get caught up its illegalities, this novel is a thriller which might catch you off guard if you aren’t watching.

The novel opens with Laura pregnant with twins. Kit, her boyfriend, is off hunting down another eclipse. Laura knows that Kit must go on this trip but she knows that she will be worried the whole time that he is gone. The couple have been living in seclusion for years and they fear that one day, their lives will be turned upside down. Of course, I am confused at what is happening within Laura and Kit’s life and why they would live in seclusion so many year but now the novel has switched to the year 1999 and hopefully I will learn why.

Laura and Kit are at a festival. It’s crowded, it’s lively and the highlight of this festival will be an eclipse but for now, they are walking around. They have found their way into a secluded section, they see a couple having sex. Laura notices the look on the woman’s face. Is this couple having consensual sex or is it rape? The woman is not responding when Laura tries to talk to her so they call the police and set things in motion. This act will change their lives forever. In the trial, they are the witnesses but it does not end there as the author wants us to squirm some more as these individuals encounter each other again. It was beautiful, this novel was a great page turner, one which left me speechless and wanting more! I highly recommend it but be ready for the novel to consume you. I only wish I could erase my memory and I could read it again.

I received an advanced copy of this novel from Minotaur Books in exchange for an honest review- thanks Minotaur Books.
#HeSaidSheSaid #WhoDoYouBelieve