Radium Girls - pics

At the back of this novel that I finished reading it from NetGalley, it talked about pictures and I was curious since there was only one picture in the e-galley I received from NetGalley so I picked up the hardcopy book from the library as soon as it was released.  I really wanted to know if I had missed some pictures and yes, I had!  In the hardcopy edition of this novel, in the center, there are black-and-white photos of some of the individuals in this novel plus pictures of them in court, hanging out and medical pictures of their conditions.  I had stuck gold!  I now had faces to match with their stories.

I can't say how much I loved this novel and how it has moved me.  It has created a spark within me.  How these young women fought, when many of them were so sick and they were going up against a system for which there were no laws written pertaining to them.  To stand up for what you believe in, to give it your all when you don't have much to give.....

I took a couple of pictures with my cell phone from the novel and have included them here. I also kept them on my phone so when I am broadcasting about this novel, I can show them the pictures, for these women have now become my hero's and my friends.