I Found You

I Found You - Lisa Jewell

Ha! This was an amazing read. From the beginning, I was charmed by its innocence and then as the pages rolled along I was cast into a storyline filled with amazing characters that filled out this story. It was a story brilliantly told, a story where we had to peek back in time to see where the story originated to find the root of its evil and when it all came together, it was a masterpiece. I truly loved it! My first novel by Lisa Jewell but it will definitely not be my last.

He couldn’t remember his past but he was drawn to the ocean and this particular section of it. Alice, a single mother notices the man sitting on the beach, just staring out into the ocean. As it starts to rain, he continues to sit and stare, not moving, just staring out into the water. His name nor what he is doing, he cannot remember yet Alice decides to take him home where she lives with her three children. Lily had married Carl ten days ago, and he just started back to work after their honeymoon. It’s been twenty-four hours and Carl still is not home from work, Lily can file a missing person’s report but she realizes she doesn’t know much about Carl. Are these two stories even related? It’s 1993, (about 20 years earlier) the Rabbit Cottage is being rented by Tony and Pam and their two children Kristy and Gray. They do this every year but this year they will met Mark who is staying with his aunt. There is no turning back now as this story has me in its grips.

I received a copy of this novel from NetGalley and Atria Books in exchange for an honest review.