Behind Closed Doors

Behind Closed Doors - B.A. Paris

I absolutely loved this novel. I picked it up thinking I needed to read it for a book club but nope, I was wrong. I picked up the wrong book but I am so glad that I did, this book was a gem. I could not put this book down for nothing once I started it. Talk about a thriller, I kept thinking in the back of my mind that Grace would make it out of the situation that she was in but how, I had no idea. I really wanted to punch, run over, burn, terrorizer her husband Jack but then I thought no, that really would be too nice of me. Ggrrrr!

Jack knew exactly where to hurt Grace, he was a crafty psychopath. He was the perfect gentlemen when around others but left alone with Grace, his other side came out. Grace’s relationship with her sister Millie was moving, it was the love that they had for one another and what they felt for one another when words were not spoken that inspired me. I came to love Millie, she saw what others could not see and she was not afraid of reaching out. Having alternating chapters throughout the novel was a fantastic idea as I got to understand the complete story behind the couple and how things escalated to the events happening today.

As the story was building, I was waiting, anticipating something big to occur, hopefully to Jack so that he would quite being such a jerk. The ending was fabulous, better than I anticipated and I had high expectations. This is a great novel if you like thrillers, like suspense, or you like some predictability.