Skinnytaste Fast and Slow

Skinnytaste Fast and Slow: Knockout Quick-Fix and Slow Cooker Recipes - Gina Homolka, Heather K. Jones

When I opened this up this cookbook and the first recipe I saw was Slow Cooker Chocolate Swirl Banana Bread, I knew I was in trouble. The accompany page showed this delicious bread which made me doubt that I could actually make this in my own crockpot but if I had a rectangular crockpot, a loaf pan and small rack, I was in business. I am being honest here when I say I like normal food, I don’t do fancy food and I like things to be fairly simple. I kid you not when I flip further into this book, I found Slow Cooker Lasagna Soup (which I have already fallen in love with), a Chicken Taco Chili that looked hearty enough that I had to look twice to see where the broth was and a few Ragu and Bolognese recipes. There are eleven main topics including: Mexican, seafood, breakfast, meatless, sides, sweets and many more. Lots of variety in here and located across from every recipe is a picture of the featured dish.

The ingredients for each of these recipes are ordinary items and things that I might already have in my pantry or would be items that I would be able to find at my neighborhood store. Each recipe has the nutrimental information for it and its serving size which is a huge plus for me. The author includes a brief paragraph about the recipe and the directions for making the recipes are easy to follow. If you are looking for dairy-free, gluten-free, vegetarian, quick recipes, pressure cooker, crock pot or freezer friendly recipes, the author was also thinking of you as she has labeled each of her recipes with a color-coded circle. If they fall into one of these categories, she labeled it. I am a follower of Skinnytaste on the internet and have made many of her recipes before and I have really enjoyed them. What a great cookbook.