The Devil Crept In

The Devil Crept In - Ania Ahlborn

When I heard about this novel by Ania Ahlborn, I knew I had to read it, I mean everyone should read it because her writing is amazing. I read Within These Walls and Brother and both of this novel were nothing like I ever had read before. With a mysterious and edgy element in them, the further that I read, the more twisted and evolved I became in these stories. She is truly one talented author.

In The Devil Crept In, Ania does it again with an intense journey as she pulled me along in the twisted tale of Jude and Stevie. They were cousins but they were also best friends living next door to each other and living in the shadows of the forest that embraces a grimly past. It’s Jude disappearance that sets the stage for this novel and his sudden reappearance and transformation that gets things moving. I spent my Sunday with my arms gripped around this novel for things moved quickly and dang, there were some intense moments. Stevie, the timid one of the two, tried to take charge a few times which was courageous on his part but scared me at times. Then the moments in the forest, I never knew what would transpire in this unknown part of town, it put me on edge and I noticed that as I read, I would read slowly and cautiously, I was on alert for anything. I loved the story, it was creepy, and captivating. If you like horror, I highly recommend this novel.

I received a copy of this novel from NetGalley and Gallery Books in exchange for an honest review.