Christmas in July

I went to see Jenny Lawson last night and she was amazing! I met a few people while standing in line (you can never be too early) and we were all psyched to spend the evening with her.

Jenny started the evening by reading from her book, Furiously Happy which had everyone laughing.  I could have sat there all night just listening to her read and watching her facial expressions.  She then had a question and answer period where she talked about everything from her mental illness, to her family, to what she witness in the streets of Des Moines last night.   Honest and sincere, she spoke from the heart and she held nothing back.  She ended the night with a book signing where I got my books signed, had my picture taken with her and got to talk with her for a bit.   It was truly a superb evening for me!  The feeling was mutual with everyone who attended, you could hear the comments as they floated through the air as we dispersed from our seats.  Jenny was one of us, she was real, and this was an evening that we will never forget.