Passenger

Passenger - Alexandra Bracken

I have to say that I loved the ending, I mean loved the ending! If there is going to be series, I want this kind of ending in the novel.   I was dying to read this novel as there was something about it that pulled me in beside the beautiful cover and I am glad that I won it from GReads. Thanks again GReads!   I do have to say that parts of the book baffled me, and parts of the book were a bit wordy but all-in-all, I really enjoyed it. Long, yes it was long but the adventure was well worth it.   I don’t think the romance was a highlight of this novel, as Etta and Nicholas were dancing around each other for most of the book, not really pronouncing their feelings out loud to one another until further along in the book. You could feel them gradually move towards each other as the book progressed but their sights were set on other things, more important things that were occurring. In the back of their mind they were thinking of each other but I don’t think romance was an objective of theirs. I liked how Etta was naïve about time traveling as this helped set up the novel and her relationship with Sophia. It also helped explain it to us readers as this concept changes with each novel.   Sophia, oh her attitude was great and she made me laugh many times. Nick, he seemed like a simple individual who knew what he wanted in life but compared to the girls his life seemed so different, I liked this contrast. I wasn’t confused as the characters time-traveled and I thought the author did an excellent job with this concept. The story began immediately as a peaceful violin concert was immediately disrupted. The violin is all she wanted and now Etta sees her future with questions which others hold the answers to. As the characters scramble across the globe and time, they are on the pursuit of a hidden object, an object everyone thinks they have a right to.