Slump!

There has been so much change lately, I feel like I should go into a cave to hibernate for at least a week but then my anxiety will get the best of me. I feel like there is so much to do lately and all I really want to do is read.  I've been running around doing everything yet nothing is getting done including time for me to relax and read.

Having moved twice this year, I am feeling a bit moody about having the holidays in a new house. All my memories are stored in the previous house where my kids grew up and where I knew exactly where everything was placed and stored and this year, I am feeling out of whack.  In the back of my mind, I am wondering how the new owners are enjoying my previous house and if they love it, as much as I did.  I know I shouldn't complain, I have a house and basically life if great but it's just the familiarity of life that I am missing and my memories are haunting me right now.

I'm trying to create new memories and move forward.  I dragged the boxes of Christmas decorations out yesterday and tried to go about being festive.  Our new cat Charlie was very helpful. I adopted him this fall from a woman who needed to find him a new home.   He was able to wrestle the tree down for me, a small experimental tree I had put up just to see how he would do.  He loved eating the tinsel and pulling the cotton off the decorations I tried to set up around the house. This will definitely be an exciting Christmas for him. He was funny and now our house is toddler-proof for Christmas.  Today, I assembled the big Christmas tree (no decorations!) and it took him about 10 minutes before he took his first leap into it. His eyes were just aglow. It stayed upright, he just wanted to taste the plastic branches. We'll see how tonight goes when the lights go out and he's all alone - just him and the tree.