Tumbled Graves

Tumbled Graves: A Stonechild and Rouleau Mystery - Brenda Chapman

Secrets, secrets, secrets. I haven’t read the first two books in this series but that did not stop me from enjoying this novel and it wasn’t until I was about halfway through the novel that I realized that this was a series. The novel opens up with Adele and Violet missing playgroup and Catherine and Sam checking in on them. It’s as if they vanished out of thin air, for everything is just like they were getting ready for their breakfast on a weekday morning except the two of them are missing. Ivo, the husband has no idea where his family went off to as he left for work earlier and of course, he is the first suspect the police have under their radar. His previous history is shaky, heck everything is shaky, what you thought was going to be a simple case is anything but.  Hold on folks, as this case file is going to get mighty thick and it’s going to take some hours to get through this one but I tell you, it will be worth it.

I received a copy of this novel from NetGalley and Dundurn Press in exchange for an honest review.