Simon vs. The Homo Sapiens Agenda

Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda - Becky Albertalli

A great read! Simon doesn’t log off one of the school’s computer properly and unfortunately one of his email falls into the wrong hands. Come on people, don’t you know this by now! Martin prints off the email and uses it to blackmail Simon, as he knows it is a powerful weapon. What is Martin’s desire? A girl, a friend of Simon’s. He has a crush on her and he wants Simon to help him be in her limelight and what’s so important about this email? It’s a conversation between Simon and Blue, a secret gay friend that Simon has been writing to and as of right now, Simon is still in the closet with his sexual identity. I felt that this novel flew by as I read it, the drama with Simon as he continues to email Blue, the two of them never knowing their true identities yet they feel so close to one another. Simon keeping Blue in the dark about the email that Martin has, he has to know it will come out somehow. Simon in drama class a place he feels right at home, Simon’s relationship with Abby and the pressure he feels under, the lunch room, I can smell the cake and see the party hats now.   Every part was necessary for they created the character yet he did not feel whole. Blue and Simon needed to decide if their true identities were worth revealing.