Mosquitoland

Mosquitoland - David  Arnold

I listened to this novel and I don’t think I enjoyed the audio as well as I would have liked to actually read the book. The flashbacks in the novel and some of dramatic parts in the book just weren’t played out as well as I thought they could have been.   Mim, her innocence had me laughing and I saw her growth by the time the final CD was set in motion.   She just set out to do one thing, to find her mother but when all-was-said-and-done, she truly had an adventure, more than she bargained for, something she could never have planned out.   It wasn’t all glorious but I felt that she learned from it and she became a better person because of it.   When she started to enjoy the simple things in life, she really started to enjoy herself and she saw the world around her for what it was and she breathed. She paused, she took in the world around her and those around her. The scene that paints the picture for me is the night in the pickup with Walt and Beck, that’s a moment to remember. Life doesn’t have to planned nor perfect to enjoy and she realizes that, this book was a great journey for the both of us.