Litte Peach

Little Peach - Peggy Kern

It’s all a big flashback and it’s a big one at that. Michelle had an okay childhood. Her mother was a drunk but her grandfather took care of her and I can visualize him telling her what to do incase of an emergency, yes he was that kind of a grandfather. He was a good one and unfortunately, he passed away too soon and she was left with a mother who decided her boyfriend was more important than her own daughter so Michelle is out on the street headed somewhere, anywhere with the money grandfather had hidden away.   It’s New York, not of her first choice but she has an address and she has high hopes. My hopes die quickly for her as this guy, dressed in a t-shirt and blue jeans, checks her out and she makes the mistake of talking to him and well, the rest is history my friend. Michelle, my dear Michelle, she takes a ride in his car and he does drive her to her destination but her hopes are squashed when she arrives and she doesn’t find what she’s looking for. He offers her another suggestion which she accepts, she can turn back, there is still time.   I’m squirming in my chair dear friends, as I know this is not going to end well as the novel discusses Michelle’s adjustment to her new surroundings. Michelle, dear Michelle, you’re too trusting and oh Michelle, you feel you have no other options so you take anything that sounds good and unfortunately what happens…. if not what you had planned for your life. I had to finish the book to find out what happens to my dear friend Michelle and I do hope others read and learn from what happened to Michelle. There are other options than what Michelle did, she learned the hard way and if you had to ask her, I bet she would say she wouldn’t do it again.   The story was quite compelling and I felt for you Michelle, you were so innocent and so young and in the end, you had to feel years beyond your age.