All The Rage by Courtney Summers

All the Rage - Courtney Summers

I’m surprised my Kindle made it after this book for I slammed it closed so many times during this read: frustrated, angry and just emotional about the whole read but I totally enjoyed this book.   It stirred up and aroused feelings in me and to me that is what good books do. The pieces in this book were like a puzzle and they all don’t fit together till the end but as you read, you slowly start to understand how some of them are connected. Romy is the main character and waitresses at a diner and she is a loner.   I really didn’t understand why she didn’t have any friends as she came across as a person that seemed normal. She used to have friends and now, she’s bullied at school. After exchanging words with a previous friend, she unexpectedly leaves work and heads to a beach party, a place she should avoid considering her history. In the morning, the friend has disappeared without a trace and Romy was found on the road, her appearance less than desirable. So much speculation and finger pointing. Romy thought her life was bad before that evening at the beach and now, it’s horrific. This book will keep you guessing and glued as the words fly off the page as you try to unravel what happened and how all the pieces fall into place. I found myself admiring Romy throughout the book for being a strong and determined character. She tried to keep things bottled up inside and she wasn’t externally spiteful for events that played out in her life. As she walks out of the diner without warning after talking to her x-friend, I wanted to scream. What was she thinking!! No good can come out of this activity. As she was walking down the road, I cringed at what would transpire for I knew where she was headed before the words popped out on the page. Although she has every good reason to head down to the party, alcohol, irrational behavior and being one of the least popular people at school, this cannot be good. Come on, Romy!

I received a copy of this book from NetGalley and St. Martin’s Press in exchange for an honest opinion.