Pete the Cat Rocking in My School Shoes

Pete the Cat: Rocking in My School Shoes - Eric Litwin, James Dean

Pete’s got some new school shoes and he’s so excited. Don’t you remember the day when that was a big deal? I remember getting my saddle shoes, my black-and-white saddle shoes; I thought I hit the jackpot. They weren’t the most comfortable shoe but I think I shined those shoes constantly. Pete is rocking out in his new school shoes and he’s traipsing everywhere at school in them. He’s asking you the reader to guess where he’s at by giving you hints just before you turn the next page. These red and white shoes look like Converse tennis shoes and they look fantastic on his furry feet. Looking around, I notice he’s the only one at school who is sporting a pair of shoes, he’s really styling.   School can be scary but and different but “goodness, no” Pete’s handling things very well.   Pete also sings a song with his guitar which he brought with him to school so come along with Pete and check out all the things that Pete is doing at school with his new school shoes. Bright colorful pictures bring this book to life for young readers and the writing catches everyone who hears it.