Vicious by Andrea Murray

Vicious - Andrea Murray

I really wished I had read book one in this series before starting this, as this book takes right off from where the previous book left off and it took me a while to get a handle on what was really happening. The author’s pace and intensity had me from page one and what was transpiring seemed so significant and intense, I really felt I was missing out on something. My advice is to read book one before opening this novel.

Vivian is working at a diner as a waitress, when Easton, Cooper and Abby walk in. It has been 3 months since she has last seen her friends. Its bitter sweet as she knows that being with them has implications. She’s been trying to locate her father but with no success. She knows she has special powers but the implications behind those powers are still unknown to her. How to control and use them are issues that Vivian has not yet mastered. Vivian is also confused as to why she possesses these powers. The Liaisons have not backed down in their attempt to “persuade” Vivian to join their team and I am on the fence on whether I am pleased/disappointed to read that Vivian has now joined their group. Joining this group, she is among many others who have other special powers, their group top secret and unofficial. They have the answers that she is looking for but they will come at a price.

This story will propels you forward. Vivian tries to act like a typical female but her special powers exemplify her and now she is finally figuring out what she is capable of. I enjoyed how this tight-knit group of friends take care of each other, laughing and joking, depending on each other and keeping their spirits high. Being a part of the Liaison, I didn’t know what to expect from the group or from Vivian and the author added some impressive tales. Now that she understands herself, I can’t wait to see what she’s capable of.

I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest opinion.