A Cold Legacy by Megan Shepherd

By Megan Shepherd A Cold Legacy (Madman's Daughter) [Hardcover] - Megan Shepherd

Sad, oh so sad, that this series is over as oh, how I will miss thee. It was a bittersweet conclusion to this trilogy which begins with a mysterious setting, a romance that was a thin as a thread which surprised me each step of the way and characters that were each unique that added to an breathtaking adventure.  Juliet is coping with her past; she is conflicted as she feels she must choose between following in her father’s footsteps or her mothers.   She needs to clean up her past before she can move forward but her past is not pleasant. Juliet must grow up and accept responsibility and as a reader, we see this transformation in this series and like reality, it’s an adjustment she has to face. As the group makes their way to the Ballentyne Manor, they thought life would finally calm down but little did they know what they walked into when they accepted the invitation to stay. The group discovers many secrets with the walls of the Manor and there are layers and layers of issues that are being discovered. What a sensational trilogy, I really loved it! I would give it more than 5 stars, if I could.