Downsizing, I can't do it

This past week, I have spent most of my waking hours organizing my house and packing up miscellaneous items in our upstairs as my husband has found a house that he has fallen in love with. The house is nice and I love that we could be living in the country but it is smaller than our current home and the storage, well  it's nothing like we have now.  We have talked about downsizing since our youngest son left for college four years ago but since he found this house, downsizing has been on my brain constantly.  It doesn't help when he comments on all the boxes that I have packed and we haven't even touched the main floor or basement yet.  Downsizing has me panicking.  There is not much I want to let go, really nothing. It all has memories or sentimental value.  I know that this two story house will not fit in the new home and as I pack box after box, I just shake my head. There is light at the end of the tunnel (I hope) and I know that most of my books are packed....they were the first thing in the boxes.

Today though as I looked at the list of new books released this week , I felt energized.  Such an amazing list of books that I can't wait to get my hands on! Perhaps I have been working too hard and I need to get back to reading.  Reading can take me to a world where there is no downsizing, or filling nail holes in the wall or deciding if it time to throw away the hairbrush the kids had when they were little.  Yeah, it's time to get my priorities straight.